Where do you host?

I’m curious to know who you have chosen to host your box, I’ve chosen OVH simply because they’re cheap and reliable.

What about you?

hosting with hetzner and digitalocean

Linode & Digital Ocean.

Linode is for the small, personal server, Digital Ocean for the heavy usage one because of their elastic filesystem offering.

1 Like
  • Vultr 1CPU + 768Mb + their additional FREE 50Gb additional volume temp. offer = 05,00 USD/ Month for small needs.
  • Scaleway VC1L = 6 Cores + 8GB Memory 200GB SSD Disk (50Gb for system + 150Gb as additional storage, perhaps for ownCloud/ nexcloud files hosting…!? ) = 09,99 EUR/ Month for higher needs + when hosting provider & server location in Europe are a must.

transip in the netherlands. http://www.transip.nl/

Because it’s a dutch company without foreign investors and they have a really good track record.

1 Like

Same here! Good and solid on own soil company! Big finger towards Trump with his “No privacy for Non Americans act”.

I’ve been hosting with DO for two years without any problems. Recently I encounter this behaviour, but I don’t think it’s linked to hosting on DO.

I self host on a PCEngines APU2C4 server located in my wiring closet. 1GHZ, 4-core CPU, 4GB memory, 120GB SSD, in a box the size of a pocketbook. Consumes 6 watts. Connected via a pfSense firewall to a residential line with all the trimmings needed to make MIAB work.

Works like a charm.

2 Likes

Wow, Scaleway looks awesome! I’ve been looking to move my mail server from DO out of concern for the new President and his policies. I’ll have to check if Amsterdam is free of the U.S. Patriot Act and the European equivalent.

$10 Digital Ocean droplet running almost 600 mailboxes very comfortably

OVH As I Am Planning To Host 30+ Domains Each With Separate IP For DNS/RDNS

forpsi.sk
1ghz cpu, 1gb ram, 25gb ssd, 2TB? traffic. for 1,20€
Im with them over 2Y no problems…

I’ve been using 1&1 - just moved to their new “cloud” offering and it’s just perfect for MIAB. I like 1&1 because there’s no cap on transfers… not that my mail server does much data, but I use the web piece of things as well.

Quite happy - their previous VPS was a little wonky, but the new VMware-based cloud offering is solid.

Dutch company: https://www.transip.nl/

Possible starting from 10 euro, I use the next package, 20 euro/s/month.

DigitalOcean is the best using them for almost 3 years.
BTW, Hows your performance in OVH? is it good? any Reviews?

I have a MIAB on a small Linode server and on a pair.com (paircloud) server. Linode is a tad faster but not so you would notice. Pair has a great infrastructure. I know this because I have a dedicated server with them (for 13 years now.) Linode is by far the ‘better bang for the buck’ price-wise:

https://www.pair.com/webhosting/paircloud.html

Eventually I’ll decide on one of them and drop the other. I’m waiting to see if there is a problem with Let’s Encrypt on Pair. Seemed to work fine at auto-renewal on Linode.

I’ve used DO before, they’re great. But as I’m based in the UK I’m charged by my bank for making international payments which makes them a little expensive. The VPS I have with OVH is located in Paris, performance is okay but you can definitely feel the latency because of the distance. They’re planning to open a datacentre in the UK later this year so I’ll move then. :slight_smile:

I host with Vultr. They offer custom ISO installations for their operating systems which means you can enable full disk encryption.

They have crazy fast service. I emailed a handful of major companies before choosing a VPS and waited for a response. I got a response in less than two minutes from Vultr.

Their control panel to manage VPS’s is just as intelligent as DigitalOcean and definitely more intuitive than Linode. I’ve had no issues at all and have been with them for a while now. Plus their prices are very competitive.

I’ve seen multiple benchmarks between Vultr and other VPS companies, Vultr is one of the fastest on the market for their prices. Very good company and I’d recommend them to anyone.

I’ve used Linode, Digital Ocean, Amazon, Scaleway, 1&1, Rimuhosting.com, 1984hosting, and a couple others. I don’t know if I’ll ever switch away from Vultr but we’ll see if any others catch my attention.

I am hosting my MiaB server at netcup[0]. Main reasons why i choose them are that they have great special, cheap offers and are located in Germany, never had a big problem with them.

[0] https://www.netcup.de/

but i wish one day to host it on my own hardware which is also accessible for myself :slight_smile: