Allow-listing domain names

Dear all,

I am wondering how to white-list domains so that they are delivered without grey-listed or rejected or marked as spam. I tried to create a file /etc/postgrey/whitelist_clients.local and entered the domain names line-by-line. However, it doesn’t seem to work and I am receiving the emails as spam.

I also saw another suggestion to create /etc/postfix/postgrey_whitelist_clients file but haven’t tried this one yet.

So, I wanted to open a new topic to ask. What is the proper way to white-list a domain with Mail-in-a-box system?

Regards,
Serhat

Please let me know if something in this guide is not clear or it is not working for you:

Spam detection is separate from greylisting. You will need to investigate the mail headers to determine why a message is going to the spam folder.

There are various ways to keep messages from going into the spam folder, including creating filters in Roundcube, as those are automatically applied to all messages for the email user account.

Many thanks, @openletter! Your tutorial has very useful information.

So I have two takeaways.

First, for grey-listing, you are suggesting to use the /etc/postgrey/whitelist_clients.local file and entering IP addresses in that file instead of domain names.

Second, creating a filter for the messages should stop the server (only for the account that has the filter) to mark the messages as spam.

Regards

Small nudge- Please say “allow-listing”.

This topic was automatically closed 40 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.