When does check for new packages happen?

Status page indicates new packages are available.

When is the check made?

Not sure what time Ubuntu updates throughout the day … but MiaB will install updates at 03h00 when it runs it’s daily maintenance.

So when does MaiB adjust the list of packages that can be upgraded? The list shown on the status page.

So it does:

apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

at 03:00h?

At that point it will enable the Reboot button on the status page?

Thanks

Dennis

If a reboot is required, yes.

Your questions piqued my curiosity so I decided to read through the scripts and see exactly what happens. Now, I am no script writer, but I can kind of get the gist of what a script is doing. So, that said … my original comment was incorrect. The OS runs a daily cron job to do the updates/upgrades. The cron job is programmed to do the upgrade at a random time every day so that 100’s of MiaB installations are not hitting the repositories at the same time. Actually what is being run is a Ubuntu package that does automatic updates.

https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/automatic-updates.html

So, that is all I know. :slight_smile:

I should have done what you did and reviewed the script. I have seen one time the reboot button ON.

I did the apt-get update && apt-get upgrade command followed by a reboot, but they still showed on the status page, so I obviously didn’t know what was happening in the program.

I know:

All else fails, read the instructions.

Dennis