User receiving failure Synchronization e-mails

Hi everyone,

I’ve searched the internet deep about this problem, but I couldn’t find any hints on how to solve it. I’ve setup MiaB following the guidelines religiously and it’s been working great (thanks everyone). The software is up to date and users can send/receive e-mails with no issues whatsoever.

This new user that was setup recently, using Outlook, does receive a series of Syncronization Error e-mails. The period for these e-mails is also not predictable. Sometimes several times a day, sometimes once a day. I fear this might be a client issue, I’m just not sure how to proceed to debug this on the MiaB side.

The e-mail is sent from the user account to the user account, I’ve removed username and domain due to private issues.

Sample error e-mail:

From: [user-x@domain-y.co.uk](mailto:user-x@domain-y.co.uk)
Sent: 16 March 2021 10:04
To: [user-x@domain-y.co.uk](mailto:user-x@domain-y.co.uk)
Subject: Synchronization Log:
Importance: High

10:03:19 Synchronizer Version 16.0.13628.20246
10:03:19 Synchronizing Mailbox '[user-x@domain-y.co.uk](mailto:user-x@domain-y.co.uk)'
10:03:20 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Inbox'
10:03:22 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Drafts'
10:03:22 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Admin'
10:03:24 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Archive'
10:03:25 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Templates'
10:03:27 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'General Enquiries'
10:03:28 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Ratehawk'
10:03:30 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Bookings'
10:03:32 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Enquiries'
10:03:33 Error synchronizing folder
10:03:33 [8004DF03-0-0-560]
10:03:33 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Sent'
10:03:34 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Trash'
10:03:36 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Spam'
10:03:37 Done

Thank you in advance, Vitor.

Correction on the interval of e-mails, they are sent every 30min constantly. So whatever process is doing this is scheduled to run every 30 min, 04 and 34 on every hour.

Haven’t experienced this problem myself.

Have you looked at z-push for further information?

z-push-admin -a lastsync

Manpage

Hope you might find something to help.

1 Like

Your fear is most likely correct. Outlook does some funky stuff placing themselves in the middle of your device and your MiaB. Personally, I would never use it in a million years.

1 Like

Also, have you looked to the account via Roundcube webmail? Anything strange there with folders?

Is this the only client using Outlook and , if so, which version? I’m assuming you have other users who are not experiencing this.

You could try setting Outlook to expect an IMAP account and see what happens then. You won’t have push email though if you do.

1 Like

Error synchronizing folder
10:03:33 [8004DF03-0-0-560]

Delete “enquiries” folder and recreate?

1 Like

Agree, but I have little control of the client’s choices so I’m just getting the support tickets. Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

I will try :slight_smile: Thank you.

I will try z-push, didn’t know about this command. Great assistance, thank you.

this will always be helpful. When I was using outlook more than a decade ago, tools like these are my bestfriends on windows.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ve asked the user to give this a try.