User blocked by Spamhaus

Hey there,

one of my users gets blocked by spamhaus on domain2.com:

May 4 12:04:47 mail postfix/smtpd[19095]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from xxx.xxx.xxxxxxx.xxx[xx.xx.xx.xx]: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [xx.xx.xx.xx] blocked using zen.spamhaus.org; spamhaus.org/query/ip/xx.xxx.xx.xx; from=<domain2.com> to=<domain2.com> proto=ESMTP helo=

How ever, the user has a mailbox on domain1.com and this works fine for weeks.

Spmhaus tells me on their page:

Outbound Email Policy of Time Warner Cable/Road Runner for this IP range:

It is the policy of Time Warner Cable/Road Runner to share with other entities lists of our dynamic IP address space. While Time Warner Cable/Road Runner does not currently forbid customers from sending out mail directly from such space, it recognizes that others may wish to refuse mail from such space, and so Time Warner Cable/Road Runner makes that space known to others to facilitate their enforcement of their policies. Customers finding their mail refused by others due to a PBL listing should send their outbound mail through the outbound mail server designated for them; see http://help.rr.com/HMSFaqs/e_emailserveraddys.aspx for more information on the servers’ names.

and:

Removal of IP addresses within this range from the PBL is not allowed by the netblock owner’s policy.

So i wonder why he can user john@domain1.com and it works fine while he gets blocked sending email on john@domain2.com

any ideas what i can look at?

@Daniel Does have Domain1 and Domain2 different IPs? Guess the problematic domain has an IP that is either itself blacklisted or an entire range of IP Addresses of your ISP/Host is blocked (when other Spammers using the same services).

actually the issue was the ip range the user is in. i had to remove spamhaus from the rbl lists in order to get the user sending mails. thats my solution for now

@Daniel Just curious: Do you have the full (censored) header? It would be particularly interesting to see the DKIM and X-Signature entries.

Spamhaus is pretty common, and sending email from dynamic IP ranges hasn’t worked since the mid-2000s.

This person must have continual deliverability problems!