Upstream timed out (110: Unknown error)

An issue that has been nagging me for a while, and didn’t really find any answer to it, so before going to deep in the rabit hole someone might have some advice :slight_smile:

Searching on the web module - it from time to time throws the exception
upstream timed out (110: Unknown error)

Example from error log ip/domain removed:
2024/09/11 12:32:23 [error] 1059#1059: *136 upstream timed out (110: Unknown error) while reading response header from upstream, client: xx.xx.xx.xx, server: miab.local, request: “GET /mail/?_task=mail&_action=search&_interval=&_q=noct ua&_headers=subject%2Cfrom%2Creply-to%2Cmail-reply-to%2Cfollowup-to%2Cmail-followup-to%2Cto%2Ccc%2Cbcc%2Cbody&_layout=widescreen&_filter=ALL&_scope=base&_mbox=INBOX&_remote=1&unlock=loading1726050681621&=1726050677388 HTTP/2.0”, up stream: “fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php/php8.0-fpm.sock”, host: “miab.local”, referrer: “https://miab.local/mail/?_task=mail&_mbox=INBOX

upgraded to newest a few times, thinking it might be something that is fixed in the next one, but guess i have to bite the bullet :slight_smile:
V70 (upgraded again today)
Running on a 22.04
System

✓ All system services are running.
✓ System software is up to date.
✓ Mail-in-a-Box is up to date. You are running version v70.
✓ System administrator address exists as a mail alias.
✓ The disk has 7.66 GB space remaining.
✓ System memory is 38% free.

Network

✓ Firewall is active.
✓ Outbound mail (SMTP port 25) is not blocked.
✓ IP address is not blacklisted by zen.spamhaus.org.

It is running on a small DO droplet, but has been so for ages, at first i assumed that it was due to cpu/ram, and was thinking about moving it to a hetzner vps with more ressources instead, but a collegue had the same issue on his local machine that had 4xressources, so that plan was not carried out.

Is there a way to get it to reindex/optimize it? - if i search for results that is shown on page 1, they arnt even found, so it’s the entire result that is missing.
and only a few active accounts using mails - Where my normal account has around 22k mails in total.

workaround right now, thunderbird - then i can search everything locally, but would be awesome to be able to use the web search again.

And if changing a lot of the standard values, i’m also hessitent to do so, if they are just overwritten at next upgarde unless in a .local file.

Any advice on where to start - sorry for lenghty post