Upgrade to new box: Nextcloud issue

I’m upgrading from 57a to the latest. I have followed the instructions, spun up a new machine, run the install script, restored from the backups on the old server, and finally I run the sudo mailinabox command.

When it gets to the the Installing / Upgrading Nextcloud step, I get the following error.

Installing Nextcloud (contacts/calendar)...
Upgrading Nextcloud --- backing up existing installation, configuration, and database to directory to /home/user-data/owncloud-backup/2023-01-30-13:13:00...

Upgrading to Nextcloud version 21.0.7

sha1sum: WARNING: 1 computed checksum did NOT match
------------------------------------------------------------
Download of https://github.com/nextcloud-releases/contacts/archive/refs/tags/v4.0.7.tar.gz did not match expected checksum.
Found:
0ba30284b0a8878ea3607cad4d7d777c9a5ad301  /tmp/contacts.tgz

Expected:
45e7cf4bfe99cd8d03625cf9e5a1bb2e90549136  /tmp/contacts.tgz

Installation then exits. And I can’t hit the admin page, even using the IP directly. I’m guessing that error means much of the needed setup never happened. Any thoughts?

I’m guessing that error means much of the needed setup never happened. Any thoughts?

Yes - there’s lots of installation after that …!

Sounds like a genuine download/nethwork error. The install process in quite robust - trying again won’t cause any (additional) problems.

I’ve tried again several times, and it is continuing to give that error.

Exactly same issue here, happened on a v5x upgrade, and a v6x fresh install.

1 Like

Might be this issue … https://discourse.mailinabox.email/t/nextcloud-version-16-0-6-checksum-did-not-match/9442/2

I’m guessing you are right, I’m just not sure I understand what he did to get that to work. Did he research the correct checksums for individual versions, and then include them all somehow in the setup.sh script? Is that something I should attempt, or something that needs to be changed for everybody?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.