This site can’t be reached error

I’m unable to access any web page on my server after I have attempted to reverse proxy to a docker container, I reset my changes but am still unable to access anything. My nginx config file appears to be correct but this is the first time I’ve ever attempted editing the file directly.

The following error “This site can’t be reached” in browser. Below is what is returned when running the CLI status check script.

System
======
✖  HTTPS Web (nginx) is not running (port 443).
   nginx: the configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
   nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test is successful
✓  SSH disallows password-based login.
✓  System software is up to date.
✓  Mail-in-a-Box is up to date. You are running version v0.21c.
✓  System administrator address exists as a mail alias. [administrator@box.aworley.uk ↦ me@aworley.uk]
✓  The disk has 37.37 GB space remaining.
✓  System memory is 22% free.

I’ve tried re-running the miab setup script and I was hoping that adding a new sub-domain mail user might configure the nginx file correctly.

Thanks in advance

Likely, you’ve changed the default nginx server and while your nginx.conf has no syntax errors, it’s not doing what you thought it would.

Perhaps sharing your config changes would help us diagnose?

Thanks!

Sure the changes I made have obviously been removed now but I added something similar to below:

server {

# Running port
        listen 9000;

location / {

proxy_pass         http://container;
            proxy_set_header   Host $host;
            proxy_set_header   X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
            proxy_set_header   X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
            proxy_set_header   X-Forwarded-Host $server_name;

}
    }

I added that to the default config file in /etc/nginx/sites-available/

Though I think my problem may be linked to an attempt to have gitlab running on my VPS a while back but I only restarted the server yesterday.

If there are any config files you’d like me to share just let me know, thanks :slight_smile:

Yeah, hard to know.

Generally speaking, MIAB doesn’t support other services running on the same machine.

What’s in your nginx log?