This message does not meet IPv6 sending guidelines regarding PTR 550-5.7.1 records and authentication

When I try to send email from my miab server to gmail (user@gmail.com) account i get this error but for other accounts like hotmail etc i am not getting this error

Full Header:-

This is the mail system at host box.capwell.nl.

I’m sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It’s attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<ahmedwaleed11599@gmail.com>: host
gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[2a00:1450:4013:c01::1b] said: 550-5.7.1
[2a01:7c8:d003:472:5054:ff:fe89:2105] Our system has detected that
550-5.7.1 this message does not meet IPv6 sending guidelines regarding PTR
550-5.7.1 records and authentication. Please review 550-5.7.1
https://support.google.com/mail/?p=IPv6AuthError for more information 550
5.7.1 . b23si4801906eju.283 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command)

Reporting-MTA: dns; box.capwell.nl
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 769881003C4
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; administratie@capwell.nl
Arrival-Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 17:37:11 +0100 (CET)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; ahmedwaleed11599@gmail.com
Original-Recipient: rfc822;ahmedwaleed11599@gmail.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550-5.7.1 [2a01:7c8:d003:472:5054:ff:fe89:2105] Our
system has detected that 550-5.7.1 this message does not meet IPv6 sending
guidelines regarding PTR 550-5.7.1 records and authentication. Please
review 550-5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=IPv6AuthError for more
information 550 5.7.1 . b23si4801906eju.283 - gsmtp

Is rDNS (PTR record) set for your IPv6? The error seems to indicate that it is not.

1 Like

@alento after setting rdns record for ipv6 its working but when i see another issue i am using stmp settings in my code to send email through miab server when i send email form my localhost its working but when i send from production (vps) its says connection cannot established, btw i have mail ports enable for firewall. I am using transip vps.

Any idea what m i missing here?

Maybe check the mail logs to be sure that there is an actual connection attempt.

I know for certain that transip blocks outgoing mail ports … but you state that they have opened them for you, so …

Also triple check that the ports and protocol setting are correct.

Hi @alento thanks, i got it resolve, i had a wrong entry in rdns so by removing that it worked.

Now there is a new issue all my emails goes to spam folder i already add all the external dns records from miab to my dns settings including dkim records as well but my all messages end up in spam folder, but when i validate my domain in some online dkim validator its says invalid dkim key etc.

@ahmedwaleed

From first glance, it appears that you are using MiaB to send email but not receive … is this correct? Please advise what you are attempting to do as the setup shown is not usual for a simple MiaB install.

1 Like

As for the spf record … try changing

v=spf1 include:mailgun.org include:eu.mailgun.org include:_spf.google.com include:box.capwell.nl ~all

to

v=spf1 ip4 136.144.217.188 include:mailgun.org include:eu.mailgun.org include:_spf.google.com ~all

You cannot use include box.capwell.nl because you are not publishing a SPF record for the box subdomain.

Also, I attempted to do a nslookup for box.capwell.nl and it returned NXDOMAIN for some reason. Have you made changes from the images? I confirmed the MiaB IP via telnet.

Yes correct,

Also, I attempted to do a nslookup for box.capwell.nl and it returned NXDOMAIN for some reason. Have you made changes from the images? I confirmed the MiaB IP via telnet.

Yes i did but reverted those changes you can check now, I also updated spf record to ip as you have mentioned above but i still getting email in spam folder

@alento is it ip4 or ipv4 ?

Spam folder where? If Gmail, c’est la vie. They will probably spam you for a while due to them being Google. Seriously, if you sent more than 1 or 2 test emails to them without the correct spf you are on their list.

Yes it is ip4.

it is failing now because you did not copy the record I presented exactly. Please update it to what I presented.

v=spf1 ip4 136.144.217.188 include:mailgun.org include:eu.mailgun.org include:_spf.google.com ~all
@alento Here you can see I copy-pasted the value you mentioned.

I also tried with hotmail email the email goes to spam folder there as well

FYI Here is result from dkimvalidor

Here is the feedback that I am seeing:

Can you insure that there is only one space between ‘ip4’ and ‘136.144.217.188’ and that there are no extraneous spaces at the end of the record?

Ugh, I am sorry … I wasn’t feeling well when I wrote earlier and I left out the : I rarely write SPF records using the IP and when I looked it up I could have sworn that it had a space rather than a colon - which I thought was wierd at the time but …

Try putting it in the format of

`v=spf1 ip4:136.144.217.188 include:mailgun.org include:eu.mailgun.org include:_spf.google.com ~all

As far as Hotmail, they are worse than Goofle. :frowning:

Let me give some technical explanation … the SPF record the way that you had it in the beginning was technically correct BUT you were missing the SPF record for the subdomain box. I could have (and probably should have) instructed you to add a SPF record for box that looked like v=spf1 a ~all but I did not instruct you to do that because SPF records allow a maximum of 10 DNS lookups nested within them - your current record has 9 and doing what I just mentioned would have put you at 10. So, I chose to save the lookup – perhaps not the best choice in hindsight.

@alento it worked now emails are going right into inbox, i don’t know how can i thank you its my second thread on miab forum and man you were very kind and helpful thanks alot and if you have patreon pls share just want to thank for your hardwork.

1 Like

Excellent!!

You are most welcome.

I do not, but … I will share my PayPal Donations link in PM. Thank you!

1 Like