I have completed a (greenfield) setup of MiaB.
Due to some issues with DNS I finally decided to use external DNS in MiaB and maintained several records in my DNS control panel (Netcup).

MiaB system check reports this error:

I know this error has been posted multiple times here.
However, I cannot find a solution.

I already executed sudo mailinabox w/o changing anything, but no success.

I assume the issue is related to this DNS record: mta-sts IN TXT "v=spf1 -all"

Host Type Destination IN A my_puplic_IPv4 IN AAAA my_puplic_IPv6 IN TXT v=spf1 -all IN MX 0 . IN TXT v=DMARC1; p=reject;
mta-sts IN A my_puplic_IPv4
mta-sts IN AAAA my_puplic_IPv6
mta-sts IN TXT v=spf1 -all
mta-sts IN MX 0 .
_dmarc.mta-sts IN TXT v=DMARC1; p=reject;

My hostname is box.mydomain.example.

Can you please advise how to fix this issue?


My MTA STS record is _mta-sts., I think you might also need (note the underscore at the start). The content is something like v=STSv1; id=g
The DNS record you mention is about SPF, which is something different.

Actually I’ve taken the value from MiaB Control Panel > External DNS.
If it’s true that value v=spf1 -all is incorrect, then this is a bug in MiaB.

No, I mean that you are looking at a different record.

Actually there are no other records related to “mta-sts” when clicking Download zonefile.
However in MiaB Control Panel this record exists:
_mta-sts TXT v=STSv1; id=bnIJ5lqFGxxxxxxxAk3A

After adding this record to DNS MiaB system check is green.

THX for your support!!!

This issue is solved.

This topic was automatically closed 40 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.