Status Checks Change Notice error

Good morning
I received the email but it only contains:

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/root/mailinabox/management/status_checks.py”, line 1118, in run_and_output_changes(env, pool) File “/root/mailinabox/management/status_checks.py”, line 968, in run_and_output_changes prev = json.load(f) File “/usr/lib/python3.10/json/init.py”, line 293, in load return loads(fp.read(), File “/usr/lib/python3.10/json/init.py”, line 346, in loads return _default_decoder.decode(s) File “/usr/lib/python3.10/json/decoder.py”, line 337, in decode obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end()) File “/usr/lib/python3.10/json/decoder.py”, line 353, in raw_decode obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx) json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Unterminated string starting at: line 816 column 4 (char 12217)

Where should I start looking to solve the problem?

THANKS

Which version of MiaB are you running?

hello
sorry
we are on the last on : 63

Were you able to solve this? I am getting this exact same error that just started after upgrading to 64. I upgraded from 62 to 64, so never did try 63.

Hello
no still have the problem
i update to 64 and sill there
but we have this dns error in mailinabox (but ours external dns are OK)
autoconfig.*****.com: This domain should resolve to your box’s IP address (A ...) if you would like the box to serve webmail or a website on this domain. The domain currently resolves to [Not Set] in public DNS. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.

:heavy_multiplication_x:
autodiscover.*****.com: This domain should resolve to your box’s IP address (A ...) if you would like the box to serve webmail or a website on this domain. The domain currently resolves to [Not Set] in public DNS. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.

I don’t think it’s related to external DNS (same as we’ve used with MIAB for years) - we have the same configuration and same errors for the auto*.****.com domains as we are not presently using the feature.

The good news is it does not appear to impact mail deliverability or any access via imap/pop or roundcube.

yes
Mail are fine but a dont like to have message error.
for the dns the error is just on one mail domain the other is fine.
So perhaps the issue is in the internal dns ?
But i dont fine where is the conf for the internal dns

Do you have the autoconfig and autodiscover set up at your external DNS provider?

I added a second DNS to my server other than 127.0.0.1 (1.1.1.1)
From this moment on I no longer have any errors reported by the system status on the admin console.
But I still get the error report

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/root/mailinabox/management/status_checks.py”, line 1118, in run_and_output_changes(env, pool) File “/root/mailinabox/management/status_checks.py”, line 968, in run_and_output_changes prev = json.load(f) File “/usr/lib/python3.10/json/init.py”, line 293, in load return loads(fp.read(), File “/usr/lib /python3.10/json/init.py”, line 346, in loads return _default_decoder.decode(s) File “/usr/lib/python3.10/json/decoder.py”, line 337, in decode obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end()) File “/usr/lib/python3.10/json/decoder.py”, line 353, in raw_decode obj, end = self.scan_once (s, idx) json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Unterminated string starting at: line 816 column 4 (char 12217)

The error might be fixed by removing the file /var/cache/mailinabox/status_checks.json. It will be regenerated.

the solution provided by KiekerJan
is to do

The error might be fixed by removing the file /var/cache/mailinabox/status_checks.json. It will be regenerated

and it works perfectly
thanks to him

This topic was automatically closed 40 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.