SQL prepare failed: disk I/O error?

I’ve been getting the same problem over and over again, I’ve reinstalled more than 10 times, I’ve moved to a different server provider, but I can’t seem to escape it.

Inititially, I’m able to send and recieve emails quite quickly and without any trouble, then after about 2 hours I cannot send nor recieve emails at all. I have no idea what is causing this to happen, but when I look in mail.log I get the same error message.

Can someone please help, I’ve been stuck on this for a week!

Unlike what the error message says, there’s no actual disk I/O error.

Run the following command:

sudo sqlite3 /home/user-data/mail/users.sqlite 'PRAGMA journal_mode=delete;'

If you installed the box files somewhere else (if you don’t know, most likely you did not), replace /home/user-data with that location.

Did you or any user of the box happen to have changed their password on Roundcube by the time you stopped being able to receive or send mail? We’ve figured out that is a direct cause for the problem.

I have a fair few people that have accounts on my server, I’m sure a lot of them have changed their password, but I’m the only one with access to the box itself though.

Thanks for your quick response

But I think this;

sudo sqlite3 /home/user-data/mail/users.sqlite 'PRAGMA journal_mode=delete;'

fixed it :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 40 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.