Spamassassin (3.4.2-0ubuntu0.14.04.1)

Hi everybody,

really enjoying MIAB. What a great SW. Today I got the notification in MIAB System status regarding the available upgrade of spamassassin (3.4.2-0ubuntu0.14.04.1). I SSHed into MIAB and perform the upgrade. In the middle of the upgrade process got noted that there are some new configurations in .cf files needed. What should I do now? Should I keep the original settings or accept the changes?

Thank you very much.

it is the spamassassin/local.cf config file:

Configuration file ‘/etc/spamassassin/local.cf’
==> Modified (by you or by a script) since installation.
==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
What would you like to do about it ? Your options are:
Y or I : install the package maintainer’s version
N or O : keep your currently-installed version
D : show the differences between the versions
Z : start a shell to examine the situation
The default action is to keep your current version.
*** local.cf (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ?

Keep the current version.

1 Like

Did this work or did it break Spamassassin? Would like to know before I do the upgrade myself :slight_smile:

Upgraded spamassasin package and keeping the existing config, now i see some errors:

Nov 8 19:18:43 box spampd[1842]: processing message 4ad175a6-27ae-c277-c798-5ac0ed56e7dd@domain.com for guenther@domain.com
Nov 8 19:18:46 box spampd[1842]: no response#012
Nov 8 19:18:46 box spampd[1842]: Use of uninitialized value $response[0] in pattern match (m//) at /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/Pyzor.pm line 307.#012

How can i fix this?

Started package upgrade on my MIAB instance also and stopped at the spamassassin config prompt, came here and found this thread.

Since guenti_r chose “keep existing” and had issues, I chose Y “install package maintainers version”, finished the update and then rebooted. FWIW, I am getting inbound mail ok and not seeing any errors in /var/log/syslog.

Nov 8 14:23:36 miab spampd[1958]: processing message CAAOCw6HJVmi5h4QcDjae5Biqqjso7=kdtebRkSLe9_ZU5ZKBZA@mail.gmail.com for myacct@myMIABmaildomain.org
Nov 8 14:23:37 miab spampd[1958]: clean message CAAOCw6HJVmi5h4QcDjae5Biqqjso7=kdtebRkSLe9_ZU5ZKBZA@mail.gmail.com (-0.10/5.00) from myacct@gmail.com for myacct@myMIABmaildomain.org in 1.06s, 2860 bytes.

Hi,

FWIW, I answered ‘N’ at the above mentioned prompt and spamassassin seems to be working fine after that. Not much of a help, I know, but it looks like @guenti_r might have had a different problem.