[SOLVED] MIAB having issues since upgrade to .21c

OK, I updated to .21c and after running the upgrade I get the following error message. I did do a package update first, then ran the curl command to update the MIAB innards. After getting this, I rebooted again, and reran the setup, to get the same message. Any ideas? The symptom that something was indeed amiss, was the Status Check and SSL/TLS pages both spew a “Something went wrong” error.

Thanks,
Andrew.

Your Mail-in-a-Box is running.

Please log in to the control panel for further instructions at:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "management/status_checks.py", line 977, in <module>
    ssl_certificates = get_ssl_certificates(env)
  File "/home/andrew/mailinabox/management/ssl_certificates.py", line 47, in get_ssl_certificates
    pem = load_pem(load_cert_chain(fn)[0])
  File "/home/andrew/mailinabox/management/ssl_certificates.py", line 767, in load_pem
    return load_pem_x509_certificate(pem, default_backend())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/cryptography/hazmat/backends/__init__.py", line 71, in default_backend
    _default_backend = MultiBackend(_available_backends())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/cryptography/hazmat/backends/__init__.py", line 28, in _available_backends
    "cryptography.backends"
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/cryptography/hazmat/backends/__init__.py", line 27, in <listcomp>
    for ep in pkg_resources.iter_entry_points(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2308, in resolve
    module = __import__(self.module_name, fromlist=['__name__'], level=0)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
    from cryptography.hazmat.backends.openssl.backend import backend
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/backend.py", line 52, in <module>
    from cryptography.hazmat.bindings.openssl import binding
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 173, in <module>
    Binding.init_static_locks()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 137, in init_static_locks
    cls._ensure_ffi_initialized()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 124, in _ensure_ffi_initialized
    cls.lib = build_conditional_library(lib, CONDITIONAL_NAMES)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 89, in build_conditional_library
    if not getattr(lib, condition):
AttributeError: cffi library '_openssl' has no function, constant or global variable named 'Cryptography_HAS_SCRYPT'
https://IPREDACTED/admin

You will be alerted that the website has an invalid certificate. Check that
the certificate fingerprint matches:

REDACTED

Then you can confirm the security exception and continue.

Think I got the fix, and Josh fixed it :smiley:

Simply put,

sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/cryptography*
sudo mailinabox
1 Like