Sending email from admin account as different sender address

I added a s to it and it didn’t work

I just need to know how to just have the server allow everything to be sent on a email address from that server that’s not owned

Not going to happen with MiaB. @bobby99

I can help you through anydomain.email, but MiaB is not the right tool for this. MiaB does not allow sending through another authenticated account unless there is a ‘permitted sender’ in place. Many commercial providers, anydomain.email included will allow this as long as the email submission is authenticated.

Although, I still feel that you’ve not got something set up correctly in Discourse - because it should not be sending EVERY.SINGLE.EMAIL in a fashion that you have to reply from a different email address. Sadly, I am not at all familiar with VERP and why it is at play here - I thought it had to do with email addresses that were undeliverable. Which if that is the case, why are you replying to an email address which is not valid or otherwise accepting email?

is there a way of doing that with out paying for something

Well, runnning MiaB you ARE paying for something.

So stop running MiaB and start using the solution I mentioned … same cost dollarwise. Or use an alternative email provider which also allows the same.

One way or the other, you’re gonna pay something, since you already ARE paying for something.

You don’t need the randomized part.

For example, if email is:

reply+verp-abc123@email.pandacrate-bot.tk

… then you need to setup the alias:

To: example@example.tk

Note that I removed the +verp-abc123 part. This is because the +tag part is never part of the actual email:

So…
You connect to your mail-in-a-box instance with username example@example.tk, but your reply address is reply+whatever@email.pandacrate-bot.tk.

To make it work, you need to do two things.

First, make a domain alias from @email.pandacrate-bot.tk to example@example.tk:

Second, configure your DNS records for the email.pandacrate-bot.tk as instructed by your Mail-in-a-box admin console.

You’ll only need to configure the TXT records to make it work. MX record is irrelevant for this particular setup.

Note that if Discourse handles incoming email to ...@email.pandacrate-bot.tk, then the MX record should link to Discourse, and NOT to your Mail-in-a-box.