I searched around a bit and couldn’t find any other gmail topic with this specific error, so starting a new topic.
- Set up a few months ago
- Proper DMARC setup, emails were getting in just fine not marked as spam
- Short listing at spamhaus under the category of low reputation / should not be sending mail
- Put in request to remove the listing after proving ownership of domain/IP, request approved, listing removed
- GMail now completely rejects messages, not even filing it as spam
- Am listed in the UCEPROTECT3 but this seems to encompass all DigitalOcean IPs, and it wasnt an issue earlier
Wondering if this issue will eventually go away, or is this IP/domain now burned forever and I need to migrate to a new provider/IP?
Copy+Paste of UNDELIVERABLE error message from gmail
firstname.lastname@example.org>: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[22.214.171.124] said:
550-5.7.1 [126.96.36.199] The IP you’re using to send mail is not authorized
to 550-5.7.1 send email directly to our servers. Please use the SMTP relay
at your 550-5.7.1 service provider instead. Learn more at 550 5.7.1
https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NotAuthorizedError h14si4556148qtu.151 -
gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command)
To add to this, i’ve seen recommendations to use sendgrid as a relay, and I understand that this will be overwritten with every upgrade, but I have not been able to find instructions on how to do this manually, any help would be appreciated.