Outlook and android keep asking password

hello

i’m using a mail-in-a-box installed on an ubuntu 14 machine. everything works great except a strange behavior started a couple of weeks ago. when the users check their emails, outlook or android phones keeps asking the password. can anybody help me with this issue, please?

thanks and regards

That, to me, sounds like normal. Afterall, the mailboxes are password protected to keep just anyone from reading peoples mails.

Why would you expect different? If it is because the users save their passwords to their device? If so, that would be a client related issue that you would need to seek help from the software vendors involved.

If users are on Windows version of outlook, remove the credentials from Windows Credentials Manager and re-authenticate.

strange behavior, sometime it asks from 15 to 15 seconds, but sometime didn’t ask for days… it ask on windows, android and ios…

my client doesn’t understand nothing anymore…

I’m getting the same behavior. Really started ramping up over the past few days. I get a “Credentials needed” warning in Android (using ActiveSync). When I hit the “Done” button to accept, I get a “Validating server settings” popup window that oftentimes fails with “Couldn’t finish Can’t connect to server”. IMAP access seems to work fine on a Linux system while this is going on.

I’m poking around the logs to see if there is anything obvious.

In /var/log/z-push/z-push.log
Looks like backend authentication to CardDAV is failing: BackendCardDAV->Logon(): User ‘xxxx’ failed to authenticate on ‘https://127.0.0.1:443/carddav/addressbooks/xxxx/’:
this and other errors repeat in the log
web backend might be down: Exception: (Exception) - Woops, something’s gone wrong! The CardDAV server returned the http status code 504.

In /var/log/nginx
lots of timeout errors: xxxx upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, xxxx…
see a critical error as well
connect() to unix:/var/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client:
this one seems tied to access from the Android client

same log to me… strange… can anybody help us?

Make sure roundcube is working (login to it as each user to enable CardDav)

ok, and how can i do to be sure that roundcube works forever? i’m asking because i login several times on webmail, but same behavior: in my opinion isn’t from roundcube…

still the same behavior… nothing here. i will change my server to other solution. goodbye mailinabox!

Hey - try clearing windows credential manager in the control panel and trying again make sure to use IMAP with SSL (port 993) and SMTP with STARTTLS (port 587) also make sure that both clients have SMTP authentication enabled.

outlook auto-complete as exchange. should i try to make manual settings?