Oct 2024 Cannot update Letsencrypt Certs

I’ve been running MIAB on Ubuntu 22.04 at DigitalOcean for some time now and certs have been being updated as expected. The server has an expired cert now as I tried to place a file in the webroot and could not establish SSL. Anyhow, I tried a --force update with certbot but could not authenticate. I also tried two webroots: I think it’s home/user-data/www/default but I also tried home/user-data/www . Neither one worked. Still can’t authenticate.

Can someone help point me in a direction where I might understand this?

David

did you check this out?

I did and it’s not the same issue. The duplicate accounts don’t exist in my LE log. I just tried to sudo mailinabox and I get …

usr/local/bin/mailinabox: line 2: cd: /root/mailinabox: No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin/mailinabox: line 3: setup/start.sh: No such file or directory

This is very concerning! Any thoughts? I don’t want to lose all my mail and server.

David

Someone has messed with me via root I think. I allowed root login for sftp of web files. The /usr/local/bin does contain mailinabox but the second line says cd root/mailinabox and that’s not there anymore. I certainly hope there’s a github where maybe I can put this stuff back. I’m working now but I’ll be back to check.