My Glue Records and entire domain suddenly and inexplicably decided to go on vacation. What can I do?

My server just decided to start throwing this error recently after completely ignoring emails from ZoHoSign and a few other ghostly things. What kinds of steps can I take to fix this? I tried running the sudo mailinabox again and it really didn’t do much for me.

Ignore it. Usually, that would be my advice, but see the next response.

Inexplicitly, sometimes (a LOT of times) when MiaB status checks happen false DNS errors are shown in the status reports. The most common is the one that you see.

I just confirmed with other tools that the glue records are indeed set:

Nameserver records returned by the parent servers are:

ns2.box.p.nixc.us. [158.69.222.58] [TTL=3600]
ns1.box.p.nixc.us. [158.69.222.58] [TTL=3600]

This information was kindly provided by e.cctld.us.

But now that I say this … I cannot reach your site or dig your DNS server. So maybe this is not the usual fluke …

https://viewdns.info/dnsreport/?domain=nixc.us

Wow, this is wierd … some tools show everything is fine, but others cannot reach your MiaB. Perplexing.

It may be, because I have both IPv4 and IPv6 Glue Records set up.

Try removing the IPv6 … there is nothing behind this suggestion but some weird kind of gut feeling, so unless you don’t like experimentation …

If you went with a company like GoDaddy or Namecheap, is there any particular reason that you haven’t used their DNS stuff, and just copied and pasted the SPF, A, AAAA, MX and TXT (DKIM key) records over to their stuff?

It just seems a lot more easier and magical that way.

Hosting my own DNS server has been quite nice up until this last week to be honest.

I’ve contacted NameCheap and they’ve had to send it to a technician for “reasons”. So I’ll hear back from them at some point.