Double check that the username and password as well as the MiaB hostname were entered correctly on the droplet with the Discourse install. Also be sure that you followed the rest of the instructions in that section (step 4 of the relaying section).
[quote=“hekubas, post:1, topic:4099”]
System Status Check Errors
The SSH server on this machine permits password-based login.
The IP address of this machine is listed in the Spamhaus Block List
Nameserver glue records should be configured at your domain name registrar as having the IP address of this box. They currently report addresses of [Not Set]/[Not Set].
Your box’s reverse DNS is currently [Not Set][/quote]
Is the proper droplet name set (wait, is MiaB on DO?) or the PTR set?
This can be safely ignored with your setup. Formatting is all out of whack, sorry.
## TODO: The domain name this Discourse instance will respond to
## Required. Discourse will not work with a bare IP number.
## Uncomment if you want the container to be started with the same
## hostname (-h option) as specified above (default "$hostname-$config")
## TODO: List of comma delimited emails that will be made admin and developer
## on initial signup example 'firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com'
## TODO: The SMTP mail server used to validate new accounts and send notifications
# SMTP ADDRESS, username, and password are required
# WARNING the char '#' in SMTP password can cause problems!
#DISCOURSE_SMTP_ENABLE_START_TLS: true # (optional, default true)#
I’ll double check the relay guide steps and add more to this post or reply again.
Additionally I found the discourse server IP has blacklist, I tried a new droplet with no blacklist and got same error. Not sure if that matters or not.
Got it working on fresh installs with nonblacklisted IPs
Also didn’t miss the TLSA DNS records this time. Thanks alento.
Went back through the relay settings and made sure I did them correctly. I sent you a message alento.
Checked back over things and found I named discourse email wrong. Fixed this but still getting authentication error. It should at least have given me wrong credentials error instead of authentication error I would think.
Been looking at the postfix config and some guides and thinking there may be something I need to do there. Probably going to fresh install on two droplets and try again to see if maybe I screwed something up along the way.
Also, Both the original IPs of the discourse and MiaB servers had shown on a blacklist at mxtoolbox.com so I switched both server IPs in DNS to ones not blacklisted. Thinking this may still be causing problems. Another reason I’m going to try again.