Message d'erreur "Temporary failure in name resolution"

Bonjour,

Après l’installation d’une nouvelle configuration sur un VPS neuf (OVH), j’ai un message d’erreur sudo: unable to resolve host box.mon-courriel.net: Temporary failure in name resolution qui est apparu durant l’installation, sans compremettre l’installation de mIAB. Ce message apparait également à chaque fois que je passe en root (sudo su). Voir le log d’installation.

Savez-vous comment résoudre ce problème qui à l’air de me poser un problème pour les certificats TLS (SSL). Certficat statut : Self-signed. Get a signed certificate to stop warnings. The domain name does not resolve to this machine: [Not Set] (A), [Not Set] (AAAA).

J’ai bien paramtérer mes deux ns1 et ns2 avec les Glue Records (via Gandi).

Avez-vous une idée d’où vient le problème ?

Hi,

After installing a new configuration on a new VPS (OVH), I have an error message sudo: unable to resolve host box.mon-courriel.net: Temporary failure in name resolution that appeared during the installation, without compromising the installation of MIAB. This message also appears every time I switch to root (sudo su). See log installation.

Do you know how to solve this problem that seems to me a problem for TLS (SSL) certificates. Certficat status: `Self-Signed. Get a signed certificate to stop warnings. The domain name does not resolve to this machine: [Not Set] (A), [Not Set] (AAAA).

I have configured my two ns1 and ns2 with Glue Records (via Gandi).

Do you have any idea what the problem is?

Petite précision, j’ai suivi les instructions dans ce post, mais à chaque redémarrage du serveur, la ligne 127.0.1.1 est remise à l’état initial.

Little precision, I followed the instructions in this post, but each time the server restarts, the line 127.0.1.1 is restored to the initial state.

I have no solution, but I can confirm that I also have experienced this unable to resolve 127.0.1.1 temporary failure in name resolution error on a fresh install after migrating from 18.04 to 22.04. I did a couple of re-installs but experienced it every time.

Same error here. Any solution for this? Is start to consider reverting to ubuntu18

Are you also using OVH as VPS? There have been a few reports of issues with OVH and the source of the issue might be a custom image of Ubuntu that they are using. MIAB is only tested on the vanilla image.

I am using a VPS hosted by Binary Lane. Not sure if they use a custom Ubuntu image.

This topic was automatically closed 40 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.