LetsEncrypt Certbot renewal requiring an account choice

Today I was alerted that the certificate for MIAB had expired, and did not automatically renew. When trying to manually provision a new cert, the message below is the response:

Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log Plugins selected: Authenticator webroot, 
Installer None Missing command line flag or config entry for this setting: Please choose an account 
Choices: ['mailserver@2019-09-02T01:50:35Z (8e3c)', 'mailserver@2018-11-23T15:59:13Z (9a3e)']

My questions are:

1. I do not see any accounts in /etc/letsencrypt/accounts, so I’m not sure where these accounts listed are coming from. If I try certbot unregister, it replies with 0 accounts found. Where can I manage these invisible accounts, and remove 1 of them?

2. How do I pass an account id to the management/ssl_certificates.py script that is trying to provision the certificate?

Cheers!

Try the solution suggested here and see if that helps:

In the same situation I had two folders in /user-data/ssl/lets_encrypt/accounts or /user-data/ssl/lets_encrypt/accounts/acme-v02~ypt.org/directory/ (don’t remember for sure)
Deleted one of the accounts and rerun management/ssl_certificates.py and everything worked ok.