How to manually force rsync backup?

Something broke in my backup settings after applying security updates. I had been successfully using the rsync option in the Backup settings for the past year + using a non-standard port by manually adjusting the root .SSH config file (How to use rsync with a different port? - #5 by beyondthewall)

Now I am receiving an error email with "Error running 'rsync -e ‘ssh -oBatchMode=yes -i /root/.ssh/id_rsa_miab’ -e “/usr/bin/ssh -oStrictHostKeyChecking=no -oBatchMode=yes -p 22 …”

Note the syntax above using “-p 22”

I just changed the SSH client config file to use my backup server port, 2345, and restarted. I’m assuming that may work, but I want to manual force an rsync backup? Any ideas?

I believe you can just run a backup using mailinabox/management/backup.py.

1 Like

Yes, this is correct.

For some reason my pfsense firewall is now rejecting the IVP4/6 packets to my local server. Not sure what has changed since it’s been working well for 1 year+??

Back to the drawing board, as they say…

ok, I’m a bonehead. I opened the SSH port on my MIAB and router, but forgot to open the port on my NAS. Duh…

This topic was automatically closed 40 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.