Google groups blocking my email

same thing here and my domain in hot on any spam lists that i can find, get the following back to my client:
Your email to group support@atgames.net was rejected due to spam classification. The owner of the group can choose to enable message moderation instead of bouncing these emails. More information can be found here: Messages from a bulk sender bounce - Google Workspace Admin Help.

Reporting-MTA: dns; googlemail.com Received-From-MTA: dns; tcs@whitefish.net Arrival-Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 16:57:11 -0700 (PDT) X-Original-Message-ID: c1fb8440-5388-30da-bac0-97b05799ec6c@whitefish.net Final-Recipient: rfc822; support@atgames.net Action: failed Status: 5.0.0 Diagnostic-Code: smtp; Your email to group support@atgames.net was rejected due to spam classification. The owner of the group can choose to enable message moderation instead of bouncing these emails. More information can be found here: Messages from a bulk sender bounce - Google Workspace Admin Help. Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 16:57:11 -0700 (PDT)

Your email server box.tonymace.us that uses ip 138.197.217.83 is on 3 email blacklists.

Check your IP here > DNSBL Information - Complete DNSBL List

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. I’m only listed on dnsbl-3.uceprotect.net, and, according to UCEPROTECT®-Network - Spam Database Query, I’m only listed there because of a few reports from adjacent IP addresses. Very frustrating. It doesn’t seem that neither uceprotect nor Google provide a means of redress. (Well, uceprotect has a paid whitelist offering, which feels like extortion.)

Fortunately Google doesn’t block email listed on the dnsbl-3.uceprotect.net list. Neither does Microsoft (hotmail, outlook etc) or yahoo. They acknowledge it’s a scam list.

That’s a relief. But also eliminates my only lead for why Google Groups might be rejecting my message. :frowning_face:

Without providing some more information (e.g. email headers, domains involved, etc.) it’s unlikely anyone on the list could provide more assistance.

Hi @blinkingline , I get a bounceback like the one OP had at the top of the thread. There’s nothing interesting in the logs – message is delivered to Google, then two seconds later the bounce back is received.

Sep 11 11:12:24 crabapple postfix/smtp[12336]: E2C72FA081: to=magnuson@arenasports.net, relay=aspmx.l.google.com[2607:f8b0:4023:c0d::1b]:25, delay=0.94, delays=0.19/0.02/0.51/0.23, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK  1631383944 y8si2988910pjm.6 - gsmtp)
Sep 11 11:12:26 crabapple postfix/smtpd[12327]: connect from mail-pj1-x1041.google.com[2607:f8b0:4864:20::1041]

Sender domain is gourd.org, MX is crapapple.nerdylorrin.net (where I run miab)

I think that this is the key here. Your email was accepted by Google, then bounced with this error. Someone needs to contact the maintainer of this group to request that this block be removed. @lorrin

That is a work-around, but Google shouldn’t be classifying messages from my mail server as spam in the first place.

Google is NOT.

The owner of the particular Google group is for whatever reason by checking some obscure setup option. Since I detest Goofle, I cannot look at what the settings are, but I can bet that the group owner has them set in such a way as to block your emails.

@alento , I do not think that is correct. This Google Group is provided as the public customer-service address for a local company. It is configured to accept mail from unknown users, such as myself. Yes, there is an obscure setting for how to handle spam, and the owner of the group could change it to manually review all the spam. But the goal is not to have my non-spam mail intermingled with all the actual spam for them to review. Rather, the goal is to have my non-spam mail not be classified as spam.

Understood. But it is within Google Groups settings, presumably. The issue is absolutely a Google issue. Someone with familiarity of how Google Groups determines what is spam and what is not, would have to figure the exact issue out. But, it is absolutely a Google issue.

Note, by saying it is absolutely a Google issue as an example. means that perhaps Google Groups rejects incoming email that is sent by a server without a SPF record in DNS. This is of course not the case with MiaB, but illustrates that GOOGLE is the one that has some variable that sends your emails to spam.

Check with Google Support to find out what that may be.

Yes. They certainly don’t make it obvious how to contact support. This morning I went though Troubleshooting for senders with email delivery issues - Gmail Help and eventually was able to submit a form requesting assistance. I also singed up for their Postmaster Tools, but currently it has no information for any of my domains.

So, you’re the owner of the Google Group?

No, I am not. (What did I say that made it sound like I was?)

That you’re trying to contact Google Support.

I see why, my last comment of:

was really meant to be:

The owner of the Google Group needs to check with Goofle Support to find out what that may be.

Sorry for the confusion. I wasn’t intending that for you to contact Google support, as they are impossible to contact unless you are a paying client.

I see. I want to deal with Google, not the (probably not very technical) owner of the Google Group. The owner of the Google Group has no control over whether my message gets flagged as spam. At best, they can opt in to reviewing spam messages rather than having them automatically bounce. I want Google to not classify my message as spam, so I need to work with them.

This topic was automatically closed 40 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.