Errors Provisioning LetsEncrypt Cert for Added Domain

I added a new domain to my box, and it’s consistently failing with “Sorry there was a problem” from the admin portal. When running management/ssl_certificates.py, an error occurs:

A TLS certificate was requested for: mydomain.com, www.mydomain.com.
We have to wait 60 seconds for the certificate to be issued...
We have to wait 50 seconds for the certificate to be issued...
We have to wait 40 seconds for the certificate to be issued...
We have to wait 30 seconds for the certificate to be issued...
We have to wait 20 seconds for the certificate to be issued...
We have to wait 10 seconds for the certificate to be issued...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "management/ssl_certificates.py", line 803, in <module>
    provision_certificates_cmdline()
  File "management/ssl_certificates.py", line 446, in provision_certificates_cmdline
    status = provision_certificates(env, agree_to_tos_url=agree_to_tos_url, logger=my_logger, force_domains=force_domains, show_extended_problems=show_extended_problems)
  File "management/ssl_certificates.py", line 331, in provision_certificates
    logger=my_logger)
  File "/usr/local/lib/mailinabox/env/lib/python3.4/site-packages/free_tls_certificates/client.py", line 64, in issue_certificate
    agree_to_tos_url, validation_method, acme_server, logger)
  File "/usr/local/lib/mailinabox/env/lib/python3.4/site-packages/free_tls_certificates/client.py", line 121, in validate_domain_ownership
    challg = submit_domain_validation(client, regr, account, challenges_file, domain, validation_method, logger)
  File "/usr/local/lib/mailinabox/env/lib/python3.4/site-packages/free_tls_certificates/client.py", line 433, in submit_domain_validation
    message = '; '.join(c.error.detail for c in challg.challenges if c.status.name == "invalid")
  File "/usr/local/lib/mailinabox/env/lib/python3.4/site-packages/free_tls_certificates/client.py", line 433, in <genexpr>
    message = '; '.join(c.error.detail for c in challg.challenges if c.status.name == "invalid")
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'detail'

Ideas?

Seemingly, Let’s Encrypt has changed something within their certificate provisioning that Mail-in-a-Box has not yet caught up to …

Honestly IDK why it errors but it complains about it in other scripts unrelated to MIAB (certbot as an example did this same thing before they updated to latest ACME2.)

While waiting for a fix, is there a way to prevent MiaB from requesting the cert every day?

No - it’s part of the mailinabox service (which is required for admin and nextcloud)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.