Error creating certificate stops access to email

Due to errors creating a certificate saying I exceeded the limits, I have now updated to 0.22 but still get the same issue. The worst thing is that I am locked out of all email access. Thunderbird needs certificate to access imap server and firefox says about webmail:

Your connection is not secure

The owner of box.linki.tools has configured their web site improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this web site.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.

Is there a way to work around this?

The only way I see is that let’s encrypt gives you an exemption to the rate limit if you add an extra domain. Otherwise you might have to install a new certificate from a different provider.

1 Like

You can try getting a free subdomain from freedns.afraid.org for that purpose and then remove it later.

I stopped mailinabox from requesting a certificate, waited 24 hours and then tried again and it worked. Finally! Thanks.