Email forwarding to another domain not working

Hi guys,

I have the latest MIAB (all check-marked green).
I have Roundcube Webmail 1.3.8

I tried setup forwarding using 2 options:

1. Using the roundcube filters.
  2. Created an user, then created an alias with same username forwarding to that username and forwarding to a hotmail and gmail accounts.

I had the same result with both options:

I got the email from the same domain but I never got emails to hotmail or gmail accounts.

Thanks!

Yep both Micro$oft (Hotmail, Outlook, Live, etc) and Google block forwarded emails due to DKIM and SPF …

This is why the following message appears on the alias page:

Only forward mail to addresses handled by this Mail-in-a-Box, since mail forwarded by aliases to other domains may be rejected or filtered by the receiver. To forward mail to other domains, create a mail user and then log into webmail for the user and create a filter rule to forward mail.

There are discussions about what to do to potentially fix the problem, but there is no consensus at this moment. A big part of the problem is that these providers play by their own rules and don’t really care about the little guy — they’d rather force everyone to use their services.

Thanks for yet another quick reply, Alento!

This worked on both options (using filters and using alias):

Forwarding to an email hosted by godaddy and setting up forwarding there to a hotmail account.

Oh, I would love to see the full headers from that.

Alento, what’s your email?

Can you send an email from an account on your box to hotmail (i.e. not forwarded)? I am wondering if hotmail is blocking everything from your box.

I have not had problems forwarding emails to gmail.

I’m getting here: Sorry, new users can only put 2 links in a post.
So I will need to edit (tonight) the Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender I got when sending mail to hotmail.

When sending mail to gmail it arrived to the spam folder.

What is the message the hotmail returns to you? Does it say your ip is blocked?

For google you might want to use their postmaster tools to register your domain. I’m not sure how much that helps, but it couldn’t hurt.

This is the mail system at host box.mydomain…

I’m sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It’s attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

originator email at hotmail: host
hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook[104.47.125.33] said: 550 5.7.1
Unfortunately, messages from [MY BOX IP] weren’t sent. Please contact
your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block
list (S3140). You can also refer your provider to
http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.
[SG2APC01FT060.eop-APC01.prod.protection.outlook.com] (in reply to MAIL
FROM command)

Your IP is blocked so you have two options: deliver via third party to hotmail (your Godaddy solution) or try to contact them and get your IP unblocked. I have never had any success getting an IP removed from a block list. You may also find that your IP is blocked by other email providers as well (e.g. att.com)

I have had mixed results with the Micro$oft JMRP. It may be worth pursuing.

And there is also a third option … move to a different sending IP …

I requested MSFT to unblock it. They say they’re now unblocked but replication could take up to 48 hr (which is tomorrow night for me). So, will see.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.