DNS for email only on a secondary domain

Hi all,
I’ve got everything working dandy on my primary site and domain, box.example1.com.

I’ve got another domain and website and DNS hosted elsewhere (let’s call it example2.com). But I’d like my MiaB instance to handle email for that domain example2.com.

I added an MX record in the DNS for the example2.com domain to point to the box.example1.com server, created a user in the example2.com domain on box.example1.com, sent some testing emails, and it all appears to be working well.

…Until I look at the MiaB system status checks. In the example2.com section, I get warnings/errors like this:

The nameservers set on this domain are incorrect. They are currently ns1.bighoster.com; ns2.bighoster.com; ns3.bighoster.com. Use your domain name registrar’s control panel to set the nameservers to ns1.box.example1.com; ns2.box.example1.com.

and this:

This domain should resolve to your box’s IP address (A 123.456.789.123) if you would like the box to serve webmail or a website on this domain. The domain currently resolves to 99.88.77.66 in public DNS. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.

Well, I don’t want the box to serve webmail or a website on this domain. And the pre-MiaB nameservers are correctly resolving example2.com to the webserver serving example2.com’s website content.

So…should I care about these warnings? Is there any way to tell MiaB that example2.com’s email is handled through box.example1.com and that’s all it needs to worry about w/r/t example2.com?

Short answer - no, no worries.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.