.de requires two name server, each with different ip's

I’m trying to use miab as nameserver for a .de domain. my domain host gave me the following answer after I failed to publish the nameserver (mias server) entries for my domain:
The Nameservers are not configured correctly for your .DE name(s), that is why we are failing to publish them.

To test if a Nameserver is configured correctly for your .DE name you can use this tool: nast(dot)denic(dot)de
Please note that the IP addresses of each Nameserver should differ by at least one number in any octet and at least one of them must be connected via IPv4.

Is there a solution or a way around this?

See here

I’m using ns-global, it’s fairly simple:

1. add ns-global.kjsl.com xfr:204.87.183.53 xfr:2607:7c80:54:6::53 to the Using a secondary nameserver section in Custom DNS
  2. sign up at ns-global for the domains (zones) to be covered
  3. set ns-global.kjsl.com as the 2nd nameserver where you bought the domain

Thanks!
I started to setup a NSD. I will also look into ns-global but for now I’ll try to solve it with my own NSD.

Who is you registrar. Does it really require 2 NS servers on separate IPs. I doubt it. Just enter ns1 and ns2 in your dashboard and you will be good to go. It will complain that the 2 ns servers are on same subnet but who cares. You need 2 NS records ns1.box.domain.de ns2.box.domain.de and 2 A records ns1.box and ns2.box at the registrar. Most of the users here have such setups.

I’m running my miab for several years using .i.ng domains and didn’t ran into that issue. I recently decided to let the miab also handle my .de domains and I was not able to set the name servers to point to my miab instance until I added a third name server with a different ip yesterday. It seems that denic is very restrictive when it comes to the name server setup. They have a website for a NAST Predelegation Check: https://nast.denic.de/.
As long as you seen any errors you won’t be able to set the nameservers.

Deutschland, Deutschland über Alles :smile: Have fun!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.