Contributing to MAIB

Hi there

I have only been using MIAB for a short while. And I think that the whole package is great.

I am not a experienced coder, but I would like to contribute to the project in some way.

Whether it be by setting up boxes to try and break, or test out parts of the project before main release.

Thanks.

Hey @mpr555!

You could test the unstable version (just git the repo master). You can also help around the forums here with user to user support. :smile:

The MIAB website is also on GitHub, so if you see areas there for improvement you can submit a pull request.

1 Like

Sounds good. I will take a look into this.

Are the some reference logs that I can be looking at when testing.

Hopefully I can help towards MIAB

I’ve downloaded Discourse to try and test out forum as well. Its locally hosted and getting problems with the email. I’ve used MIAB as my SMTP server too.

Cheers

Hi!

I have been using Mail-in-a-box for a few months now and absolutely love it!

Thank you so much for such a great tool!

I would like to contribute to the project but I’m not a programmer. Besides submitting bugs and testing patches, is there another way I can contribute? I already did some testing for issue #907. :slight_smile:

I’m fluent in French if ever you wan to start translating the system.

Thanks!

Hi! Glad you like it :slight_smile:

Helping with answering questions from other users and triaging GitHub issues is always a big help. This consumes a lot of time.