Contacts won't open

Greetings,

First thank you to all those involved with Mail-in-a-Box. I’ve been using if for a few months and I love it! Anyways, I’ve run into a snag, and hoping someone can point me in the right direction. First a little background:

1. I had originally deployed MIAB on a laptop computer as a temporary solution.
  2. I recently built another tower, installed MIAB and restored prior data into the new tower.
  3. Everything seemed to work just fine, including contacts, mail, etc. I did notice that not all emails/contacts were successfully restored. It seemed like all but the last few weeks was restored, but not a big deal.
  4. The last thing I was doing prior to the issue was testing if the MIAB would work with additional domains. Its my hope that I can successfully web and email host several domains with my small business (that has two servers currently, one for web/dns and one for email). So, I had added a new user to a fictional domain that only exists on my internal network, which my primary server has bind set up on it, with a dual horizon DNS setup with external/internal DNS look up zones. The devices on my internal network have DNS set to come from my own internal server. For a reason unknown to me, each time I restart the new tower DNS fails. I fix it manually by opening /etc/resolv.conf and pointing it to my internal dns server address (which fixes the problem, dns/internet then functions normally). The resolv.conf file has the 127.0.0.53 address in there. Not sure why that is. I’ve only had the new server for a couple weeks now, haven’t had time to dig into the DNS issue yet.

MIAB Issue: When I use my tower and login to roundcube mail and click the contacts link to view contacts nothing happens. Just a blank screen (using firefox). When I use my android phone to login to roundcube, and click the contacts page it gave me error code 500 (using chrome). It had been working great. When in the email section it works normally, but I do get several pop ups when typing an email address in the “to” box stating “internal server error”. I was having difficulty trying to locate any log files for MIAB. I’m new to MIAB, but have really enjoyed using it up to this last issue.

The status checks report doesn’t point me to anything specific regarding why the contacts does not open. Munin monitoring doesn’t have anything in terms of warnings or critical issues noted that I can see.

Again, thanks for any help you can give!

Update: Trying out other users and the contacts system is functioning fine. It is a problem with my admin user account.

Looking into the error logs, /var/log/roundcubemail/errors file, It is full of

[11-Jan-2020 16:05:19 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Httpful\Exception\ConnectionErrorException: Unable to connect to “https://oldserver.com:443/cloud/remote.php/carddav/addressbooks/myuser@mydomain.com/contacts/”: 7 Failed to connect to oldserver.com port 443: No route to host in /usr/local/lib/roundcubemail/plugins/carddav/vendor/nategood/httpful/src/Httpful/Request.php:1028
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/local/lib/roundcubemail/plugins/carddav/vendor/nategood/httpful/src/Httpful/Request.php(204): Httpful\Request->buildResponse(false)
#1 /usr/local/lib/roundcubemail/plugins/carddav/carddav_common.php(233): Httpful\Request->send()
#2 /usr/local/lib/roundcubemail/plugins/carddav/carddav_backend.php(454): carddav_common

It looks like the carddav is trying to connect to an old server that is turned off. I turn the old server back on and everything works perfectly. I turn the old server off and then contacts fails to open. I deleted all the contacts that I exported from the old server. It has to be an issue with the restore that was run, as that should be the only place the old server name could have come from?