Can we move MIAB mailboxes to a network folder?

Hi Josh,

Is it possible to move mailboxes from default “/home/user-data/mail/mailboxes/…” folder to let’s say a network folder?
so mail in a box server wouldn’t sent/read the emails to/from default folder but to the network folder instead.
Many Thanks

Best Regards,
Johnson

Hi Johnson,

this seems to be a very specific change to you Mail-in-a-Box. Josh answers to [quote=“johnsont, post:1, topic:1680”]
Is it possible to
[/quote]

like this:

(From the answer to “Fully redundant Mail-in-a-box server. Is it Possible?”)

So it is to my knowledge not possible right now. A modification would do it, but Mail-in-a-Box is just not simply made for modification.

Hope this helped,
pxl

Wouldn’t it be easy to just mount the network share somewhere on /home/user-data/mail/mailboxes?

But what pxl says is exactly right. Plus, are you sure you want to mix network share issues into your mail server…? That sounds pretty wobbly to me.

Miab uses maildir for its storage. That uses file locking. Network file systems don’t always handle that gracefully. (Networked file system is also pretty general, there are many different types) postfix/dovecot/ownCloud all need support for it and you would have to check it with each of those projects for the specific remote file system. You would also need to have it available before the other services start. I’m pretty sure the management deamon would freak out if the file system was suddenly disconnected.

@bronson:
how can we mount the /home/user-data/mail/mailboxes folder which is exist on local to a network share?
can you please guide me a bit? Thanks

@All: thank you for your advices and suggestions.
Much Appreciated.

Best Regards,
Johnson

Depends on what sort of share you’re using. I can’t help you but whoever set up your file server probably could.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.