Backup Error after migration

I just migrate my box to a new VPS, everything working fine except the backup, when I navigate to the backup options, the error message show “Something went wrong,sorry”.

what should I do now ?

Take a look at /var/log/syslog:

sudo tail /var/log/syslog

right after you see the error message.

no error show, it just show some imap-login, I have try a few round, no error but just some login log show.

on top of that I have try to re-run the backup sudo /root/mailinabox/management/backup.py --full but the error still there.

You could try looking in your browser’s console (in Chrome, Developer Tools). Any chance you’re familiar with how that works?

yup no problem for that, i m a web developer.

it seem like getting a 500 error on https://domain.com/admin/system/backup/status?_=1439816155747

but checking on /var/log/nginx/error.log nothing much

If it’s a 500 error, it really should be logging to syslog. If you use the network tab of the developer tools, and look at the request’s response or preview, what does it show?

it show this msg

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

ya nothing on the syslog, the only log that can find is nginx access log
- [20/Aug/2015:13:22:39 +0000] “GET /admin/system/backup/status?_=1440076959203 HTTP/1.1” 500 291 “” “Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_4) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/44.0.2403.155 Safari/537.36”

I dunno. I’d have to debug it in the Python code to be able to say anything more.

would you mind to login the server taking a look ?

Could you try upgrading to v0.13a first and let me know if the problem still exists?

v.013a cause some problem for the owncloud portion but I don’t really use it so can pretty much ignore it for now.

after upgrade I was trying to play with the new backup config, error again for /admin/system/backup/config

The requested URL was not found on the server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

is it my nginx config some where broken ?

Sorry, I don’t have any idea.

it seem like is the owncloud issue during upgrade, once I comment out owncloud and re-run the config, the backup issue has been fixed.

links for my owncloud issue https://github.com/mail-in-a-box/mailinabox/issues/539