Auto-reply for specific accounts that don't exist

I would like to setup auto-reply message for specific accounts that do not exist.

As far as I can see the only way to setup an auto-reply is to login as the account in Roundcube and configure it there. But the accounts do not exist so I cannot log in and do that.

Is there another way of doing this?

If an account doesn’t exist it’s going to hard bounce back to the sender.

Only other thing I can think of is creating a catch-all address and putting an auto-responder there?

Thanks for your reply.

Only other thing I can think of is creating a catch-all address and putting an auto-responder there?

I tried that, in a way. I made all 30 emails forward to the same autoreply-email address.

But then there is a different issue: The autoreply only fires once per day across all forwarded email accounts:
So if a person writes to one of the autoreplied email accounts and then writes to another autoreplied email account, it will only send an autoreply for the first account and ignore the second one and all subsequent ones that day for that person.
I’m not sure of the reasoning behind this, it does not make sense to me.

Sigh.

Makes perfect sense and I think you can set it at the bottom of the filter you created.

The idea is that an A-R would come back to me today for my first email to you but not any additional emails because I already was notified you were out or whatever the A-R says.

However, tomorrow is another day so it will let me know again tomorrow should I send to you.

You’re using this in a way not really designed (but not “wrong”, just not the intent of the A-R concept).

I see. That’s smart if you are using it in a normal way.

So if I set the “days” to zero I thought it would disable this behavior but unfortunately it seems that the lowest value here is 1.

Maybe I just have to give up and manually re-create all the non-existing accounts for the sole purpose of setting of auto-reply for them. It’s painful and drains my soul a little.

This topic was automatically closed 40 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.