All domains point to administrator@box.example.com

Hello, I’ve added two new domains (let’s take example.org and example.net) and they work, but they all point to administrator@box.example.com (MIAB), which in turn redirects to the correct domains ( info@example.org and info@example.net).

It has to redirect correctly to administrator@example.com and not to administrator@box.example.com? or not?

I presume you are referring to the postmaster addresses is that correct?

Because all the domains on the box are run by a single administrator, then the postmaster addresses are all aliases of the main admin address. if you have a box set up with the domain.
example.com
The administrator of the box is administrator@box.example.com

The postmaster addresses for all domains on the same box are all aliases of that address, i.e. post arriving for
postmaster@example.com
postmaster@example.net
postmaster@example.org

Will all be treated as if it were directed to administrator@box.example.com because that is the address of the administrator looking after mail for all three domains. You could set up filters on the administrator.box.example.com address to put mail in different folders according to the to address in order to make it easier to identify problems with a specific domain.

Hope that helps.

Tim

ok, thanks for your detailed explanation.

1 Like