"A new version of Mail-in-a-Box is available. You are running version v0.53. The latest version is v0.53a"

Hi, on my MIAB system status checks page I got this message:

A new version of Mail-in-a-Box is available. You are running version v0.53. The latest version is v0.53a

But I cannot see any information about a new release anywhere, neither here in the forum, on the MIAB website, nor on Github

New installs were failing due to the original Z-Push download location flaking out. The update uses a different upstream source (Github). Updating is not necessary if you’re already installed and running.

2 Likes

The reason for the update is as Shayne says. Therefore no need to update if you are already running 0.53 at present.

On the GitHub site you will find information on what each release contains and indeed what future releases plan to include in the CHANGELOG.md file.

v0.53a (May 8, 2021)
The download URL for Z-Push has been revised becaue the old URL stopped working.

2 Likes

I might be helpful if the main webpage https://mailinabox.email/ under Status Current Version stated the correct version, and the release notes linked under the current version section also had the correct information about V0.53a.

They both say V0.53 and say nothing about V0.53a.

I understand the situation as described by Shayne, but it is confusing to users when the software tells you “A new version of Mail-in-a-Box is available. You are running version v0.53. The latest version is v0.53a. For upgrade instructions, see https://mailinabox.email.” but you can not find anything about this new version where it normally is located.

Even if people do not need to update if they already have V0.53 - then this should be in the release information linked on the main page.

I also could not find any information, and had to search for “V0.53a” to find anything, and just found this thread.

Thank you.

1 Like

@JoshData Can you fix this please?

Maybe submit a PR to the repo?

If I could figure out how … I would. Josh taught me a couple of years ago, but GitHub has changed and I am absolutely clueless now. :slight_smile: @openletter

Fixed. Thanks for the reminder.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 40 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.