Whats Next....afer Ubuntu 14

I have just started using MIAB…love it, does the complicated bits for you but allows you to view and hence understand how it works. I’ve learned loads…Thanks. My only concern is that Ubuntu 14 is nearing its demise (April 2019). What are the plans for MIAB then? Will it continue, if so under which OS. Any help always appreciated. Thanks again, Jon

The move to 18.04 is already well underway and some brave beta testers have already migrated to the new version. Follow the forums to keep abreast of the situation and plan your move for February or March next year. There will be plenty of support from veterans and Josh himself if necessary.

1 Like

It may be earlier, it may be later, but it looks like the Ubuntu Bionic (18.04) branch pretty much works, and is going fairly smoothly, so I feel like it would be sooner. @JonnyG, if you are interested in trying out ubuntu_bionic on a non-business-critical box, here are the commands to try it out:

$ git clone --single-branch -b ubuntu_bionic --depth=1 https://github.com/mail-in-a-box/mailinabox.git
$ cd mailinabox
# bash setup/start.sh

Thanks for your reply…I will give it a go in the near future…and report back…