Validation file missing?

Hi all,

I’m getting this on a new install when trying to provision a certificate.

Is this a file I need to download from somewhere? And install onto mailinabox to a specific directory?
Or is this something that should already be there and is broken somehow?

Log:Reading account key from /home/user-data/ssl/lets_encrypt/account.pem.Validating existing account saved to /home/user-data/ssl/lets_encrypt/registration.json.Saving updated account information.Reusing existing challenges for mail.xyz.com.Validation file is not present — a file must be installed on the web server.Reusing existing challenges for xyz.com.Validation file is not present — a file must be installed on the web server.Reusing existing challenges for www.xyz.com.Validation file is not present — a file must be installed on the web server.Reading account key from /home/user-data/ssl/lets_encrypt/account.pem.Validating existing account saved to /home/user-data/ssl/lets_encrypt/registration.json.Saving updated account information.

I have replaced my real domain with xyz.com in the above test.

I may be wrong but could it be that your website xyz.com is hosted on another web server.
If so it’s not possible to provision TLS certificates automatically from Mail in a Box.
The automatic provisioning only works for web sites whose A record resolves to the Mail in a Box server.

If this is the problem and in case you were considering moving your website to be hosted on the Mail in a Box server please note that PHP functionality has been disabled for these websites and they are only really capable of hosting flat html files.

Update: Mail in a box uses certbot to automatically provision TLS certificates. This can be easily installed and operated on a web server to achieve the same task.