v13 upgrade issue with Calendar

I tried to upgrade from 12c to 13 today with the new release and got an error…(see below).
Now I really don’t use the calendar (never logged into cloud part at all), but I was more worried about it being left in maintenance mode, and wanted to inform folks in case they have a similar install issue.

Symfony\Component\Routing\Exception\RouteNotFoundException: Unable to generate a URL for the named route “calendar_index” as such route does not exist.
Update failed

Full details (after the gui part where it shows your hostname)

Installing ownCloud (contacts/calendar)...
upgrading ownCloud to 8.1.1 (backing up existing ownCloud directory to /tmp/owncloud-backup-2110)...
ownCloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
Turned on maintenance mode
Checked database schema update
Checked database schema update for apps
Updated database
Disabled 3rd-party app: calendar
Disabled 3rd-party app: contacts
Updating <updater> ...
Updated <updater> to 0.6
Updating <files> ...
Updated <files> to 1.1.10
Updating <activity> ...
Updated <activity> to 2.0.1
Updating <files_sharing> ...
Updated <files_sharing> to 0.6.2
Updating <files_trashbin> ...
Updated <files_trashbin> to 0.6.3
Updating <files_versions> ...
Updated <files_versions> to 1.0.6
Update 3rd-party app: calendar
Symfony\Component\Routing\Exception\RouteNotFoundException: Unable to generate a URL for the named route "calendar_index" as such route does not exist.
Update failed
Maintenance mode is kept active

UPDATE:
I rebooted and ran the install script again, and it seems to have fixed itself, or maybe left calendar off, yes, just checked, own cloud is in maintenance mode, fine for me, but hope a fix is there for others soon. Thx!

Installing ownCloud (contacts/calendar)...
ownCloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
Updated database
Disabled 3rd-party app: calendar
Disabled 3rd-party app: contacts
Update successful

Thanks. I confirmed this on a fresh install of v0.12c=>v0.13. Looks like ownCloud screwed up yet again:

I’m pulling v0.13 until I figure out what to do. Bah.

Perhaps other users need it but, as per my needs concern… Why not to drop out owncloud (already knowing ‘owncloud’ is a never ending history) and keep MiaB as much clean and independent as possible?. Just my thoughts!

A place to store contacts is a pretty vital part of providing an email solution, so I’d really like to have an answer for that. Especially since it already does it, and I’d hate to remove a feature and have no upgrade path for people using it. (I also use it for my calendar, and I’d like to have a solution for that, but I’m not committed to providing calendaring.)

What about a “meet-in-the-middle” solution — and have “Would you like to install OwnCloud (for files, calendaring, and contacts? Y/n” fork in install script?

Of course, It may affect more than calendar/contacts depending on how you have it setup (I’m not sure at all) so it may not be a good idea to have the ability to skip installing - if it does.

Also, as another possible solution, which I’m sure you have already thought of, but just in case you haven’t, there are plugins for round cube that do calendar and contact syncing - but I’m not knowledgeable at all about them, they probably require some back-end to be up and running (eek like own cloud). But maybe there are some out there the pubic can recommend.

http://radicale.org <— May be worth some users (who, unlike me, know what they are doing) investigating see if it is worth trying

uhhm! looks acceptable at my end if finally its install could be ‘optional’, too

@usachris Making it an option doesn’t get me off the hook for supporting it. :frowning:

Radicale looks OK but it says somewhere that it is single-threaded, which isn’t great.

@JoshData Why not to release v13 with latest well working ‘owncloud’ version instead than the latest?.. Doing it that way will give you additional lead time to decide what’s the next move about this matter and the same time would allow your Miab users to get the the rest of latest features and patches. Just my opinion (you’re the boss!).

I have a very practical problem: I’m already on 8.1.1 on my box (I test it for a while before releasing — there was no issue when I upgraded ownCloud on my machine) and I don’t think I can downgrade. Likewise for @usachris and anyone that might have tried v0.13 in the moments before I pulled it. I’m afraid of my own problems if I get out of sync with what I publish.

Thanks a lot for explain it… I didn’t guess mentioned conflicts at your end by myself. No problem to wait for v13 and your final decision as far as you may need.

While I like owncloud for the file-sharing part, I have always been, … sceptical, about their QA.

Here is a good list of calDAV/cardDAV servers, just for reference

I know you never wanted the whole file sharing part in miab, but I think it is a good fit for an email server, as it does allow the management and sending of larger attachments via email (as links) in a controlled environment. Many people need to send files around regularly, and offering that is a great thing IMO.
Maybe someone can give input to something like pydio. I have read good things about it.

@hnk: Re-post at https://github.com/mail-in-a-box/mailinabox/issues/514?

I’ve pushed a work-around for ownCloud’s bug and re-released everything as v0.13a. This should get everyone to 8.1.1.

If anyone could try that and report back here before I tweet about it, I’d appreciate it.

Wow so quick of you! Many thanks to you Josh!

Okay for me, and I’m a special case, I was at 0.13 (no a) and my own cloud was stuck in maintenance mode from before , which was okay for me to wait out when I upgrade to 0.13 a it didn’t have any errors…but it’s still in maintenance mode, so I toggled /usr/local/lib/owncloud/config/config.php Maintenance mode = true to false, and rebooted. After it rebooted all is well and 100% for me! So I think 99.9999% of others who try it from v.0.12 will have no hitches.

Primary Hostname: xxxxxxxxx.com
Public IP Address: 0.0.0.0
Mail-in-a-Box Version: v0.13a

Updating system packages…
Installing system packages…
Firewall is active and enabled on system startup
Creating initial SSL certificate and perfect forward secrecy Diffie-Hellman parameters…
Installing nsd (DNS server)…
Installing Postfix (SMTP server)…
Installing Dovecot (IMAP server)…
Installing OpenDKIM/OpenDMARC…
Installing SpamAssassin…
Installing Nginx (web server)…
Installing Roundcube (webmail)…
Installing ownCloud (contacts/calendar)…
Updated database
Updating …
Updated to 0.7.3
Updating …
Updated to 0.4.0.0
Update successful
Installing Z-Push (Exchange/ActiveSync server)…
Installing Mail-in-a-Box system management daemon…
Installing Munin (system monitoring)…

Your Mail-in-a-Box is running.

Please log in to the control panel for further instructions at:

Upgraded now to v0.13a over v0.12c and had no issues. Everything gone well with upgrade setup. Thanks!

edit-150824-0156-CEST: Tested backups to Amazon S3 and worked very well… Just the S3 Access Key and S3 Secret Access Key should be ‘encrypted’ or at least obfuscated or ‘asterisk’ masked at the admin panel right after hiting its save button.

Great thanks.

Could you open an issue on github for obfuscating the access key? (Actually, the server should never send the access key back to the client.)

Done as follows (hope helps enough):