I just set up an MIAB on a fresh VPS on DigitalOcean. I have my domain on GoDaddy and my name servers set to forward to the box, I used the hostnames function on GoDaddy to create ns1.box.domain.tld and ns2.box.domain.tld, which is my understanding is what’s referred to as the “Glue” record. It appears to be that the box is appropriately acting as the name server for my domain as I used dnschecker.org to see the propogation of a custom DNS record that I added before and after adding it on the Box server. That said, there are several things that are currently erroring on the status page, some of which don’t seem to be accurate:
- DNSSEC record has been set at registrar (GoDaddy), unsure why it is reflecting as “wrong”.
- As stated above, I believe the “Glue” records have also been set at the registrar.
- The box.domain.tld record does indeed resolve to the box’s IP address, I am able to successfully access the server presently.
- Again, name servers are correctly configured, it is properly serving requests for a custom DNS entry that I added that did not resolve before I added it.
- A check through dnschecker. org shows that I do have an MX record that indeed points to my box.
I configured GoDaddy to point to my box nameservers last night and it appears to have taken effect according to an email that I received from GoDaddy this morning and the custom DNS that I’ve added is appropriate based on dnschecker. org.
Is there anything that I need to do in order to make MIAB re-initiate it’s DNS settings or am I just being impatient waiting for things to propogate which I tend to think isn’t the case as when I check what’s propogating across the internet, I see things that MIAB says aren’t out there yet. I originally started out trying to manually configure my DNS records on GoDaddy, but there was one record that MIAB wanted me to configure that GoDaddy wouldn’t let me without paying for their “Advanced” DNS service that was some ridiculous 3 digit number.
EDIT: For what it’s worth, I’m also able to send and receive email.