Using AWS SES and existing EC2 14.04 VM

Just need a bit of advice before deciding whether to try mailinabox.

First I have a 14.04 box running on EC2 with a LAMP stack and a few lightly visited websites. Once every few months I do a mass email of about 2K emails. The server is running on a t2 micro install and is plenty enough for this load.

Our email demand is very light too. A handful of forwards, a couple actual accounts, and not much traffic (a handful of emails total a day (excluding spam). Although all inbound end up at a gmail client we do use gmail to forward to our outbound mail server to maintain the reply from address using our domain.

Since I am already paying for this VM 24/7 do you think I can load mailinabox without issue?

Second. I already have AWS SES set up for outbound mail for our mass mail program. I wonder if it would be better to use SES for outbound mail in terms of not getting blacklisted as opposed to direct from my VM/mailinabox? If you’d recommend that then in a nutshell what changes need to be made to mailinabox to use SES for outbound (secure smtp)

Thx

No. It will destroy your LAMP stack and potentially eat your files. As the website says in many places, it must be installed on a machine dedicated to it.

If you’d recommend that then in a nutshell what changes need to be made to mailinabox to use SES for outbound (secure smtp)

This isn’t something I currently support. Others may have advice (but this thread will move into the Unsupported Modifications category then).

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.