Upgrade to 0.40 DNS not working properly

I upgraded from v0.29 to v0.30 and then installed a new machine with same IP and installed v0.40. I did a restore of backup and everything seemed to be working as far as emails are concerned.

Today I noticed that my Custom DNS is not working correctly when every I try to ping A records they do not resolve locally.

When I run ‘sudo mailinabox’ I immediately get ‘sudo: unable to resolve host mail’.

When I try to delete and recreate custom dns entries I get the following error.

Custom DNS (Error)

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN”> <title>500 Internal Server Error</title> <h1>Internal Server Error</h1> <p>The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.</p>

I encountered a not really similar error the other day – similar in the fact that the records could not be deleted from the admin area. The solution was to delete them using the API. Instructions are on the bottom of the Custom DNS page in the admin area.

Otherwise, are the DNS records being served? Are they available when you do a nslookup or ping from a different machine?

I will try to delete them using the API.

The DNS Records are not working locally to mailinabox or remotely.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.