Upgrade runs w/o errors but doesn't upgrade v57a to v61.1

Per Mail-in-a-Box Maintenance Guide, yes, I have run the upgrade three times now and rebooted as many times. And, yes, all System Status Checks are green (except for the MIAB version, of course).

System OS: Ubuntu v18.04.6 LTS

I log into the system and execute the usual install/upgrade command:

curl -s https://mailinabox.email/setup.sh | sudo bash

The output:

Mail-in-a-Box Version:  v57a

Updating system packages...
Installing system packages...
Initializing system random number generator...
Firewall is active and enabled on system startup
Installing nsd (DNS server)...
Installing Postfix (SMTP server)...
Installing Dovecot (IMAP server)...
Installing OpenDKIM/OpenDMARC...
Installing SpamAssassin...
Installing Nginx (web server)...
Installing Roundcube (webmail)...
Installing Nextcloud (contacts/calendar)...
Nextcloud is already latest version
Installing Z-Push (Exchange/ActiveSync server)...
Installing Mail-in-a-Box system management daemon...
Installing Munin (system monitoring)...
updated DNS: OpenDKIM configuration

Your Mail-in-a-Box is running.

Please log in to the control panel for further instructions at:

I can see that some files were updated in the mailinabox folder (e.g., bootstart.sh, management.sh, nextcloud.sh, and system.sh in the setup folder). However, the CHANGELOG.md (which is also modified with today’s date) still says Version 57a (June 19, 2022).

Before running the upgrade I made sure that the system had all system updates. After the upgrade I run apt update again, and it says all packages are up to date.

Any ideas / suggestions? Thanks!

Hi, upgrades of MIAB past v57 require Ubuntu Server 22.04, and you can’t upgrade past v57 without 22.04. The full upgrade process is documented but is basically: ensure backups are good, create/install a clean Ubuntu 22.04, run the normal MIAB install, restore from backups. (There are one or two twists to do with ensuring the restores can overwrite, but they are documented.)

It is not normal/easy to upgrade Ubuntu in place. (The upgrade will work but it leaves you with a different system to a clean 22.04, and the differences are important for MIAB.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.