Suppress/re-classify MX errors

This domain’s DNS MX record is incorrect. It is currently set to ‘10 mail.example2.com’ but should be ‘10 box.example.com’. Mail will not be delivered to this box. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.

I would like to use MIAB as a send only server, so my MX record is configured differently to what MIAB expects and is causing MIAB to report the error above.

1. Can I make MIAB suppress/re-classify the above error for this particular domain?
  2. Why? I make it a point to have all my reports show 0 errors, this way, it is easier to know when there is an actual error

Thank you!

I added another MX record with a lower distance, aka higher priority and the error message turned green but stated that the configuration was non-standard, that is acceptable to me.

However, I still do not want MIAB to be receiving any emails in case the higher priority server fails. Any ideas?

For some strange reason, the error is back

This domain's DNS MX record is incorrect. It is currently set to '0 mail.example2.com; 10 box.example.com' but should be '10 box.example.com'. Mail will not be delivered to this box. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.

There were no errors when I set it to 9 mail.example2.com; 10 box.example.com, any idea why 0 now causes the above error?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.