Suggested "hosting" who accept GBP

I would not use Digital Ocean or any cloud hosting provider to host my MIAB as that would defeat the goal of decentralisation. I selfhost my MIAB on my home server (an old laptop) that has 1GB RAM and 250GB HDD. As every ISP allocates 1 public IPv6 address (a /64 block) to customers, and a NAT IPv4, I effectively have a DNS server running on IPv6, a web server running on IPv6, and an email server running on IPv6.

I can receive email from GMAIL, OUTLOOK, and MIGADU. That is more than enough for me.

I emailed john @ s-4 dot host from my IPv6 only email server that runs Mail In A Box and your email bounces with host name not found, nxdomain.

does your MX support IPv6? if not, can you add IPv6 support as other corporations like Njalla and Dynv6 support emailing to my IPv6 only mail server.

I cannot obtain an IPv4 as it is obsolete and I have no plan to communicate with those who do not want to support the latest technology IPv6.

I cannot speak about VPS but my experience with the MIAB installer script on my netbook server is it does not work well if Ubuntu 22.04 LTS is in “minimal” installation. It will give errors, so the way to “fix” is to run “unminimize” command.

On my old netbook with 1GB RAM and 250GB HDD that runs Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, I managed to get MIAB to work but the Ubuntu 22.04 setup cannot be minimal but must be full.

IPv4 is not obsolete. You do you, but it is going to be several years before the majority of the world catches up with offering IPv6 for everything.

It is a crime for any human to offer IPv4 in my country. This is because IPv4 does not facilitate tracking of political dissenters, while it promotes domination by USA corporations who trade IPv4 through speculation. IPv6 promotes a personalised agenda and empowers each individual since it enables each human to be personally identified via a unique IPv6 address. Spam will not be possible on IPv6 since spammers can be tracked down and imprisoned. Privacy is not more important than decentralisation and creating a new world order without domination by Washington.

If IPv6 replaces IPv4, the so-called “anti-spam” industry will collapse and many USA citizens will become jobless. Today, most so-called “spam” accusations are gimmicks. SpamHaus listed the entire /64, when I am one resident on the /64. This is shocking as it is collective punishment.

That is quite interesting. Which country is this?

@07032024 I think you are overreacting a little. But there is considerable ammount of truth in your arguments. I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Come on, you are massively over exaggerating. And why should it make any difference in terms of traceability whether your server is assigned an IPv6 or an IPv4 address? In both cases, the authorities can easily find out who owns the address and who is using it.

No, it’s not collective punishment if the whole /64 is assigned to you. :wink:

Oh, and by the way, putting residential IP ranges on spam lists by default has been a common practice all over the world for years, regardless of whether IPv4 or IPv6 is used. Respectively, now that more people are using IPv6, it’s only logical that they also put the residential IPv6 ranges on the lists.

Yes, I agree that there is some truth to it, for example that the whole spam-blocking thing is a bit of a double-edged sword, and of course it’s also a business where maybe not all players always play fair. And speaking of business, it’s hardly a surprise that there are also businesses out there trying to make a profit out of the limited IPv4 addresses available. But that’s where the truth ends and the conspiracy theories and BS start…

Spam lists and spam blocking in general are not specific to IPv4 or IPv6, and neither is surveillance or tracking. You’re not going to be more or less anonymous with IPv4 than with IPv6, or vice versa, and If you’re sending email from an email server connected to your home internet connection or from a VPS you’ve rented in your name, you can be identified and your IP address(es) can be blocked or added to spam lists, regardless of whether you’re using IPv6 or IPv4.

Besides, email has never been particularly secure or private anyway, so if you’re worried about political repression and/or simply don’t want anyone to be able to track you down or know who you’re communicating with, you probably shouldn’t be using email for that communication in the first place, and if you are, you certainly shouldn’t be doing it from your own mail server connected to your home internet connection.

Thank you for stating that there is considerable amount of truth in my arguments.

just noticed your reply here - what seems to be the issue?