Still not able to update MIAB

It’s not the device. It is the fact that Mail-in-a-Box is expecting to be ran in a virtualized environment at a data center. So using bare metal may introduce some issues. That and the name System 76 brought images of a desktop machine to mind as that was all I was aware of in existence eons ago when I first encountered System 76. So, you then have a 1U rackmount System 76 server with Ubuntu 22.04 LTS server edition installed? Fair enough …

And the other recommended command journalctl -xeu nginx.service as together they can give a good indication of what is actually happening here. Granted, it may be “a really long output” but it would be helpful … but you rebooted instead.

So, where exactly are we now?

Not one of the rack mount ones, but I did upgrade the smaller footprint one pretty good.
So…I rebooted and tried to run the update; failed as expected because I left IPv6 on (for testing).
I then turned IPv6 off and ran the update (and walked away because I got distracted with lunch). I am back now and the update finished without any errors!

I even got into the web administration!

Does me needing to turn off IPv6 to do the install indicate that I have something messed up with IPv6 settings on my network? Or is the IPv6 issue with MAIB installer only?

I think it means that the systems thinks it has ipv6 connectivity, but somehow the ipv6 routing to the internet (I’m making a broad imprecise statement on purpose) is not in place. It is not specific for the MIAB installer, but also depends on for instance the DNS servers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.