SSL page status errors

Each of my domain’s are listed as unable to properly resolve in the TLS/SSL status page. They resolve “mail.n7cky.com” to the local server ip of 10.0.0.41. Which is correct for internal queries. But I think it wants to see the NAT’ed IP instead? Not sure why, because the internal MIAB server could not use that IP anyway, as it is behind the firewall doing the NAT (hair pinning NAT isn’t allowed).

My DNS for each domain is run on separate BIND name servers, so I am technically not using MIAB for internal or external resultion, but the BOX ought to beable to provide itself with proper answers I would think? (Since it is asking itself)

I asked a few times before but looks like if I get no replies in 7 days it auto closes, so this has been ongoing, and is my precursor task to getting Let’s Encrypt auomagically set up :smiley:

I rebooted the server as the status page was no longer displaying, now I get slightly new answers, or rather it seems that the local DNS resolver on the MIAB server is not working…

Domain Problem
mail.nickellson.com DNS isn’t configured properly for this domain: DNS resolution failed (A: All nameservers failed to answer the query mail.nickellson.com. IN A: Server 127.0.0.1 UDP port 53 answered The DNS operation timed out.; Server 127.0.0.1 UDP port 53 answered SERVFAIL).
nickellson.com DNS isn’t configured properly for this domain: DNS resolution failed (A: All nameservers failed to answer the query nickellson.com. IN A: Server 127.0.0.1 UDP port 53 answered The DNS operation timed out.; Server 127.0.0.1 UDP port 53 answered SERVFAIL).
www.nickellson.com DNS isn’t configured properly for this domain: DNS resolution failed (A: All nameservers failed to answer the query www.nickellson.com. IN A: Server 127.0.0.1 UDP port 53 answered The DNS operation timed out.; Server 127.0.0.1 UDP port 53 answered SERVFAIL).
n7cky.com DNS isn’t configured properly for this domain: DNS resolution failed (A: All nameservers failed to answer the query n7cky.com. IN A: Server 127.0.0.1 UDP port 53 answered The DNS operation timed out.; Server 127.0.0.1 UDP port 53 answered SERVFAIL).
www.n7cky.com DNS isn’t configured properly for this domain: DNS resolution failed (A: All nameservers failed to answer the query www.n7cky.com. IN A: Server 127.0.0.1 UDP port 53 answered The DNS operation timed out.; Server 127.0.0.1 UDP port 53 answered SERVFAIL).

Re-ran the mail-in-a-box script, no errors.
Primary Hostname: mail.nickellson.com
Public IP Address: 50.196.4.116
Private IP Address: 10.0.0.41
Mail-in-a-Box Version: v0.21c

Updating system packages…
Installing system packages…
Initializing system random number generator…
Firewall is active and enabled on system startup
Installing nsd (DNS server)…
Installing Postfix (SMTP server)…
Installing Dovecot (IMAP server)…
Installing OpenDKIM/OpenDMARC…
Installing SpamAssassin…
Installing Nginx (web server)…
Installing Roundcube (webmail)…
Installing ownCloud (contacts/calendar)…
ownCloud is already latest version
Installing Z-Push (Exchange/ActiveSync server)…
Installing Mail-in-a-Box system management daemon…
Installing Munin (system monitoring)…
updated DNS: OpenDKIM configuration
No domains hosted on this box need a new TLS certificate at this time.

Your Mail-in-a-Box is running.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.