SSL/Let's Encrypt Issue

I used to have a wildcard cert that I paid for that I manually was able to get working for my mailinabox machine, but it did not cover every cert needed by the box so the main ones were handled with this wildcard cert and the rest managed by lets encrypt. Well the wildcard is expiring and I want to go full lets encrypt but I can not seem to get it to work I just get generic failures. I was hoping someone could tell me what I need to do to get things SSL wise to a clean install state where it is functional with no certs and then I can provision all of them with letsencrypt all in one go and everything is happy again. I am not sure which files to remove or edit and how and everything I try makes it so nginx wont load so I end up putting it back the way it was and then its functional but with an expired cert please help.

I backed up my local.conf in nginx and blanked out the file and backed up and cleared contents of ssl dir in the user-data home folder and then reran the instalation and now it seems to be working but I am sure this was not the way to do this :sweat_smile: anyway maybe this will help someone else fix a similar problem and get lets encrypt fixed from a borked state

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.