SQL Database Is Readonly

Hello, My SQL decided to stop working and when I try to log in I get “Invalid Request” So I checked my roundcube logs and found this DB Error: [8] attempt to write a readonly database (SQL Query: INSERT INTO "session" Can someone please help!

FIXED!!! After a day of headaches. The fix was “sudo chmod -R a+rwxt /home/user-data/”
I cant even begin to know how this even happened in the first place :laughing:

AFTER DOING SO PLEASE DO sudo chown mail:mail -R /home/user-data/mail/
IF YOU DONT MAIL WILL NOT BE READABLE

The error message “attempt to write a read-only database” usually occurs when the database file or directory is read-only after CRM data enrichment, or the database user is not permitted to write to the database.

To fix this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Check the permissions on your database file and make sure that the user running your SQL server has the necessary permissions to write to the file. You can use the command "ls -la" to check the permissions on the file.

2. Check the permissions on the directory where the database file is located. Make sure that the user running your SQL server has the necessary permissions to write to the directory.

3. Check if the disk containing the database file has enough free space.

4. Check if the database is configured to be read-only. You can do this by running the following command in your SQL console: "SELECT * FROM sqlite_master WHERE name='session' AND sql LIKE '%read only%';". If the result of this query shows that the database is read-only, you will need to change the configuration to allow writes.

5. Check if there are any other processes running on your system that are accessing the database file. Sometimes, if another process has the database file open in read-only mode, it can cause issues.