[SOLVED] Vultr 50Gb 'Block Storage...' devoted to Onwcloud/files

Saw ‘Vultr’ currently offers (during BETA) 50Gb of their ‘Block Storage expansion’ for FREE to be linked to a current instance at their NY/NJ location https://www.vultr.com/pricing/blockstorage/ then…

I built a new 768MB instance here and got my additional 50Gb’s as an additional disk that I have now created & formated as ‘/dev/vdb1’ and they helped me to understand how to symlink the new default: /mnt/blockstorage/files to: /home/user-data/owncloud/me@mydomain.com/files (where this last one is a symlink to the first one)…

Questions to @JoshData :

• Needing to know if the mentioned symlink will be or will never be overwritten after a MiaB update/ upgrade.
  • How to make ‘owncloud’ to report the correct size under the ‘Personal’ view (still reporting the 11.8Gb that corresponds to the main /default ‘/dev/vda1’ disk space.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Not quite related, but I’m not seeing any “50GB free” offer. I see them adding $5 to your account for signing up, but that’s not really the same thing.

ha! Just login at your admin panel there… click on the ‘Block storage’ tab… and you will see the offer :slight_smile:

Probably not. Would be safer to make /home/user-data the symlink instead, though, and put everything on the same filesystem.

No idea.

[SOLVED] Thanks @JoshData for the given guidelines…

Finally solved both questions by:

• creating /mnt/blockstorage/owncloud folder
  • copying default /home/user-data/owncloud to /mnt/blockstorage/owncloud
  • chown -R www-data:www-data /mnt/blockstorage
  • double-checked * /mnt/blockstorage /* folders & files are CHMOD 0755 and 0644 respectively.
  • creating the symlink as ln -s /mnt/blockstorage/owncloud /home/user-data/owncloud

Note: With the symlink /home/user-data/owncloud pointing to /mnt/blockstorage/owncloud fix the ‘block storage’ 50Gb mounted disk to be used for ‘owncloud’ data, only and keeps the default (remaining) 11.8Gb disk for emails.

Hope this may help other(s)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 61 days. New replies are no longer allowed.